Muscat Roundup: #004
Hi, Welcome to update #004
This Muscat Roundup brings you a hand-picked selection of digital business stories, how-tos, and lessons learned. Was this email forwarded to you? Sign up for the Muscat Notes here.
- How to boost stakeholder engagement with WaVE, a language built on WORK VALUE. Read.
- What does impact actually mean to you? — Ask me anything. Read.
- How to expertly map work requests to actual BUSINESS VALUE and impact. Read.
- How to be a badass at engaging stakeholders, exploring ideas and CUSTOMER VALUE. Read.
- Facebook postpones end-to-end (E2E) encryption to 2023. E2E is already available within WhatsApp, and is being rolled out across the rest of its products namely Instagram, Facebook Messenger. Read.
- The painful aftermath of the ‘Buy the Constitution’ DAO by Vice. Read.
- How Square Reached $100 Billion Marketcap — A Case Study for Entrepreneurs. Watch.
- A deeper look into how YouTube’s recommendation system works. Read.
- “Stealth” wearables are going to disrupt the industry | by Brinnae Bent, PhD. Read.
- I Endured 5 Brilliantly Effective Tactics From a Billionaire Scam Artist So You Don’t Have to — And the 4 fatal errors that killed the $20,000 deal on the spot. Read.
Conversations that matter
- We Need to Talk: How To Have Conversations That Matter | Celeste Headlee | Talks at Google. Watch.
- Create Conversations that matter — Chad Littlefield. Watch.
Words of Wisdom
“Letting the user disconnect from screens while still collecting data in the background will help reduce anxiety associated with wearables”
Get in Touch
Tell me how I’m doing. I’m working on improving every day and want to hear from you. What do you love? How could I do better? All feedback is helpful.
- 🐦 Twitter — If you’ve got a short question or message (<280 characters), please tweet .@andremuscat and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
- 📨 Email — If it’s a longer thing, or you don’t want it to be a public tweet, please email me (email@example.com). I read 100% of the emails I receive, and do a fairly good job at replying to the vast majority. I look forward to receiving yours!.